Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cherry Jubilee


I know the cobbler pictured isn't cherry, but this goes to show you how versatile my recipes can be. I was in the mood for dutch oven cobbler, but there was no way I was going to go to that much trouble to make it. So, I used the Cherry Jubilee recipe from my book 101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker. It's Dutch Oven made easy!

I debated using peach or apple pie filling and finally settled on apple. Good choice! It was delish! We served it warm with whipped cream, but hot with vanilla ice cream is amazing as well. Here is the original recipe!

Cherry Jubilee
2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
1 package (18 ounces) yellow cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter or margarine

Spread pie filling in the bottom of greased 4 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle dry cake mix powder over the top. Pour melted butter over the top. Cover and cook on high heat 2 hours or on low heat 4 hours. Makes 10-12 servings.

Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment