Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cook Once, Eat Twice


Those who know me well know that I love my 9 slow cookers and use them quite often! Maybe that is the reason there are two 101 Slow Cooker books written by Janet Eyring and myself.

Sunday I made the Burritos recipe from my book 101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker. I was in the mood for easy Mexican. I already had 1 pound ground beef that had been cooked, drained, and frozen. This made this recipe even easier! In less than 5 minutes, I had dinner simmering. It was nice coming home from church to a dinner that required mainly setting the table! We served the filling nacho style over tortilla chips with grated cheese sprinkled over the top! It was delicious!

Tonight we are serving the leftover filling over warmed pita bread as Navajo Tacos with shredded cheese and diced tomatoes. Yummy! Or you could just follow the recipe as written.

Burritos
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
2 cans (16 ounces each) refried beans
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
flour tortillas

Combine all ingredients except tortillas in greased 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 4-6 hours. Spread hot bean mixture on flour tortillas. Fill with favorite burrito toppings. Fold and enjoy. Makes 4-6 servings.

Burrito toppings might include tomatoes, whole kernal corn, green onions, cheese, guacamole, caramelized onion, and red or green salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment