Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mom's Lemon Squares

Yesterday we went to a celebration dinner for Ryan Alexander, who recently returned from serving a 2 year mission for our church. We took along one of his dad's favorite treats to share. This is one of the simplest recipes that my mother taught me how to make when I was 10 years old. It still remains a favorite today with my own children!

Lemon Squares from 101 Things To Do With A Cake Mix
1 lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable, canola, or olive oil
Powdered Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mixture will be stiff. Spread mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake 13-15 minutes until slightly golden on top. Cool, then sprinkle powdered sugar over the squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment